I remember, there used to be times, when we needed to talk with doctor, then book appointment. Earlier, we had to stand in long queues on government hospital(like AIIMS) since early morning for registration. But in today’s time , various websites and apps have been developed which can book Doctor’s appointment online. “Digital India” has made online appointment booking and video/telephonic consultaion with doctor accessible.
Government of India is working towards Digital India with lots of effort and positive results towards online patient profile management and appointment booking. With ORS (Online Registration Portal), a Digital India Initiative, 58 government hospitals across country have been linked currently. AIIMS, Delhi has also launched its separate mobile app, AIIMS@Delhi . I have not tried other hospitals but in AIIMS Delhi, only one appointment can be booked at a time. In my case, we required two appointments in two separate departments(one in Cardiology and one in Pulmonary). We had to wait for one appointment’s day to arrive, then only were able to book appointment in other department. But, this feature helps us in ensuring that people do not misuse appointment booking app by booking multiple appointments and not being sure when they will actually go and see doctor.
Below are the easy steps to follow to get an appointment on the ORS website or on the App:
- Verify yourself using Aadhaar Number
- Choose Hospital / Department
- Select date of appointment
- Get confirmation sms
For appointment in Private and Semi-private hospitals
Majority of middle class families go to private and semi-private hospitals for treatment as there is less waiting time and affordable treatment(thanks to medical insurance). In this area also, patients need no worry! Various companies have come forward and developed platform joining doctors and patients and guarantee more transparency through reviews.
Some of the platforms available are as below:
- Practo: established in 2009 and working connecting patients with doctors in clinic and hospitals. We can search for particular specialist in our specified region and view doctor’s consultation charges, education, clinic opening times as well as book appointment online. Once appointment is confirmed, a message is sent by the website as well as reminder message is sent on the day of appointment. I once used this website, there was change in appointment time due to doctor unavailability and I was given due information via e-mail as well as given another appointment.
- kare4u: Operating in Hyderabad, Bangalore, New Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Pune, Kolkata, Vijayawada, Cuttack, Chennai, Visakhapatanam, Kurnool, Bhimavaram and Gobardanga.
- BookDrAppointment: Operating in Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Chennai, Ahemdabad, Hyderabad, Noida, Guwhati, Visakhapatanam, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Patna and many more cities.
- Lybrate: It is another popular doctor-patient connect platform, where patients can view details of doctors like qualification, consultation charges, reviews, timings, places where available, past patient ratings as well as articles written by doctors.
- Ways to improve Organisation Culture in Startups
- Personality Changes due to the stressful workplace and healing methods
- How to identify and deal with Toxic positivity?
- How Artificial Intelligence is transforming the Life Sciences Industry
- All About Freelancing and How to Start a Career Online
- How Self Discipline and Subconscious Mind can Boost Career Growth