In the current economical environment lot of women entrepreneurs are being given support from government-led initiatives. In this column, we are presenting your story of a mompreneur, Yashodhara Patil, whose startup is just 4 months old, by the name of Kidzopedia.in.
Getting the right academy for kids is quite a challenge for parents these days in India. When I say ‘right‘ it should be affordable, reachable and fulfil at-least the basic necessity. The requirement may vary with the child’s age, interest and ability. This could be after school activities or classes to get child busy during vacation or long summer break.
Kidzopedia.in is trying to bridge the gap between coaching-academies and parents.
The inspiration behind the idea
Based on her personal pain experience, Yashodhara felt an urgent need for a platform where parents could directly meet with academies, and academies could cater to parents queries. There is no existing all-in-one platform in India where parents could easily find the academy of choice for their little ones.
She did market analysis, contacted lot of academies and interacted with parents. Based on survey and statistics, she has designed her startup’s business model.
She unfolds her story as follows:
“When I enrolled my daughter for a skating class, i myself faced the issue. There was no academy within 6km range from home. So I tied up with a school in my area and they opened a skating rink in school premises. From there, this thought came to my mind to help other parents who are feeling the same pain as I did.”
Founded in early 2017, Kidzopedia serves as a marketplace, one-stop destination for parents to find after-school tutors, sports, music, art workshops and other different programs for their children. From a parent’s view, three services are being provided by them: Quality check-list, reviews and peer comparison with similar institutes all at a single platform, thereby saving precious time.
Kidzopedia has a different offering for both Academies and parents as follows:
Offering for Parents:
- Inborn Potential Assessment Test (IPAT) – One of its type offering by kidzopedia.in is the scientific study of the fingerprint patterns. These patterns are distinctive and are closely linked with one’s genetic composition, brain and nervous system. This test could reveal a child’s strength by measuring intrinsic qualities, assessing the natural acumen and talent of individuals. It provides guidance on making intelligent choices, which will result in maximum utilization of the child’s potential.
- From Child capabilities to course enrollment: Institute that could nourish new skills, knowledge and act as an amazing opportunity to shape child budding future. Parents want to know whether a place of learning is clean & secure, enjoyable, interesting and fascinating as well. All these services are being centralized by them.
Offerings for Academies:
- Lead Generation: There have various yearly subscription plans for lead generation for academies.
- Expansion Assistance: On the basis data analytics of parents queries, Kidzopedia will do gap analysis and tell academies of possible areas where new franchise/ branch can be opened.
- Results Excellence: They have added benefit feature of knowing the hidden talents/Interests with the help of DMIT/IPAT (Inborn potential assessment) test. Parents, trainers/teachers can tackle each child in an efficient way. It is a common problem that is starting, understanding a child takes lots of effort. Through this test, they can know the strengths and weaknesses on the early stage, which will help them in the upbringing of their child in the right direction.
Juggling regular job and motherhood is tough. Along with this Yashodhara is in the process of setting up and scaling a new startup. This is itself a challenge. From wearing multiple hats in the early stages to a delegation of tasks is learning in itself.
There are lots of offerings in Metro cities already but small towns are in more need of these services. Penetrating small towns is going to be another challenge, towards which Yashodhara is going to focus. Also, providing the right academies in small towns is going to be an issue.
They are organizing various awareness events in different areas and getting a positive response from parents.
Yashodhara Patil is a mompreneur (mother turned entrepreneur) actively balancing her role being mom (of 4-year-old daughter) and founder at Kidzopedia. Apart from Kidzopedia, she runs a placement agency and also facilitates people getting a franchise of popular brands. She has done MBA (HR) and having more than six years of corporate experience.
To hone her entrepreneur skills and give a kick-start to dream, she joined IIT Delhi WEE(Women Entrepreneurship and Empowerment) six-month program in April 2017. Since then she has come ahead a long way and target to achieve big within the 2017 year only. Such confidence and abilities are possible for her all because of guidance from Mentors in WEE program. WEE program helped her to widen her network and implement her concept in a more structured way.
If you want any more details about Kidzopedia or Yashodhara, reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org